Synergetics Coaching PhilosophyAt it’s simplest, the purpose of coaching is to work on multiple levels– vision/spiritual, mental, physical and emotional – to create some form of positive change, with the least amount of effort and resources.
If you are considering external support to help develop your people, coaching is one of the most flexible tools and one of the most cost effective. It gets a great ROI.
People don’t resist change so much as they resist being changed.Change can be confronting. Whether it's directed by organization-wide initiatives or it's a request of an individual to operate differently or step up as a leader, it can be scary.
Coaching provides an option for inducing change or growth in your people without a lot of drama or stress. For the most part, it is a 'gentle' format of development.
In our experience, people get great gains from coaching and come to love the process ... so much so that they become experts at it and don't need us any more!
An organization-wide coaching philosophy can have a tremendously positive impact on culture.One of the things that works best for our clients is integrating a coaching philosophy throughout the organization. And it can be highly effective on multiple levels:
- One-on-one or small group coaching of executives or management members by an external expert.
- A team leader coaching his or her team as a whole.
- Team members coaching one another in a structured format.
- A manager or supervisor coaching a staff person.
- Peer-to-peer coaching where individuals are in different streams of the organization.
What types of situations can coaching help with?
- Growth of leadership or management skills.
- Assisting individuals in learning to self-assess, self-evaluate and problem solve more effectively.
- Getting staff members to perform a task consistently to expectated standards.
- Helping employees learn a new task in a timely fashion.
- Assisting a team meeting to stay on time and on topic.
- Implementing a new procedure, protocol or change program efficiently and effectively.
- Developing consistent and effective cross-functional communications.
At all of these levels, the process is the same.There are some very sophisticated coaching models available that require sophisticated training before someone is effective.
However, over the past 30 years, we have refined a 4-step model that works in both complex and simple situations and is easy-to-learn and easy-to-facilitate. We can train your people to become masters at the process.
To start using the Synergetics model, you need three pieces of information:
1. What outcome do you want? What is your vision?
2. What is the current situation?
3. What is the gap between your vision and the current situation? Where are the pieces missing? What needs to be learned?
(The answers to point three typically emerge as a result of answering points 1 and 2.)
Let us teach your teams how it can be done.We really, truly want to see happier people, more satisfied with their working environments, producing work they are proud of. The whole planet would be better off, wouldn't it?
Our mission is to help your people get there quickly. Our Synergetics Coaching Model is key. It's elegantly simple. It's embraced immediately. And it is a 'safe' model to use, with no risk to the person doing the coaching or the person receiving it.
Want to know more about how it works?
Give us a call.
Of send us a message with a specific situation and we'll tell you how can work for you.